With all the crazy things we are expected to do with our bodies in dance class, it is no wonder that so many hilarious phrases and lots of innuendos are uttered…so I started making a list. I couldn’t let these golden quotes pass me by. Don’t be offended; what makes them funny is when taken out of context. 🙂
- If you keep your butt tucked in, it will make it stronger.
- Keep your knees together and just lift your leg to the side.
- Me: 50 You: 17. Don’t talk to me about being tired.
- Don’t pound so hard.
- It looks better if you point your toes.
- You can vibrate, just no bouncing.
- I will bang with you!
- I haven’t even touched myself yet.
- No skimping on the buttocks.
- Give your ass a good slap.
- The first time is always the hardest.
- Bend over, it will make it easier.
- Do you want it fast or slow? Make up your mind.
- Keep your legs closed, it’s better for you.
- Where are you feeling it? Then you’re doing it right/wrong! (depending on your answer)
Anyone who has taken at least a few flamenco classes will understand these comments are usually made in relation to zapateado, posture, compás, marcaje, or speed of music/cante. But, hilarious, nonetheless. Enjoy!